CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2007

Stock Market Game

Like a shrill horn, Mr. Coyle's voice announced the opening of the stock market. The 1870 stock market had begun. Everyone's eyes fell upon their information sheets. We quickly read the stock predictions for each company, and then rushed to the front of the room where our stockbrokers waited to give us shares. I gazed at the advice Mr. Coyle had written on the board. I took it all into consideration. Impatient and tired of waiting, the stock buyers in line grew restless. Shouts filled the air and conversations became hostile. At one point a vicious fist fight broke out between me and a lying stock broker named Avi Singh. We finally drew near to the end of our buying time, and as we finished, the stockbrokers took their time to buy. Cries of alleged cheating were thrown at the stockbrokers, and Avi withdrew to his seat in tears. Finally, it happened. Mr. Coyle had the results. He began to list companies along with their performance and share prices. I must say that in the end, the advice that helped me most was to buy low and sell high. I wish I would have used this method more often, because I was not very successful with this game. I even bought some companies at high prices when they just descended the next year. This made me very sad, and I think that if I ever want to become a millionaire I better get my act together.

1 comments:

Farah Weannara said...

Joel, I think you did a really great job with this post. You described very well and used very good verbs. I like your simile; "Like a shrill horn, Mr. Coyle's voice announced the opening of the stock market." You could really do very well if you'd want to write a fictional story or something else. I don't really think you need to change anything. =D