CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

WoW Flashback

“Week Without Walls” was a beneficial experience for all of us. We were able to try new things that we may not have been comfortable with at first. Many of us had never rafted, jumped off a cliff, or swam in a river before WOW. WOW should continue to be an 8th grade experience for years to come. Here are some reasons why I think that.

I was totally relieved of all stress on WOW. There wasn’t a single moment where I was concerned with homework or school. We just got to do what we wanted and relax sometimes. This made it easy to be friendly and respectful to our peers also. It was hard to have a negative attitude on a trip that was so great. I am coming back to school feeling very refreshed now.

I learned a lot about India and Hinduism on this trip also. We were taught yoga on the beach which was a way to see how many Indian people live. We also visited Rishikesh, a holy city of Hinduism. People go there to seek peace and to bathe in the holy river Ganga, or Ganges as we know it. It is believed in Hinduism that when you bathe in the Ganges all your sins are washed away, and you become pure. It was interesting to learn about the culture and religion of people.

My last and most important reason is that WOW is FUN! It simply can not be beat by any other school trips. I have never heard of people that get to visit a river and go rafting for a week. This was one of the best trips I have ever taken, and the fact that I was with my friends made it even better. I never felt sad or down at all during the trip, even when we did journals!

I hope for the sake of all 8th graders in future years that WOW continues to happen.

1 comments:

Ju said...

I totally agree on the other 8th graders also getting the same experience/opportunities of river rafting 'cause it was a great one! You gave good reasons and evidences to follow up on your opinions and why you thought it was fun. I think your "WOW Flashback" could be better if you related more to some of your experiences during the trip, although including your own thoughts is also a way to do it. I could relate to almost all the reasons of why WOW was great from your "WOW Flashback" and it reminded me a lot of my own personal experiences at WOW :)