CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Great Powers Game Debrief

In the great powers game I was the USA. It was very fun to expand my empire through conflict, colonization and more. The countries who started with 4 economic points had a slight advantage over other countries because they could have more of what they wanted with economic points. In the end my empire was in the lower half of the class as far as economic points. In the end buying navy proved to be very unhelpful, as one navy was only half the strength of one army. The main things an empire needed were industry and army. This way you could keep gaining economic points while establishing protection. Our empire did well in establishing relations with other empires, but if I could do the game again I would have started by buying many industries. Then, when I would have a large amount of economic points I would buy army. From my experience alliances were oftentimes worthless. Countries would betray us yet some would stay as allies. For the most part they were unpredictable. I also learned that in conflict treaties are often ignored, many allied countries can often defeat a more powerful country, and also that the help of other empires is vital to having a successful empire.

1 comments:

Asim! said...

I agree with the fact that you said that it was more valuable to buy industries so you could later buy armies. Although I think that there were some advantages in the begining in the game when it came to how many econ points you had, there was nothing very drastic about it because Russia had 3 econ points and ended with about 2000, while Germany had 3 and ended with 96. I agree with the fact that some allies were stupid and didnt help out much, but you also have to agree that without the extra force that other colonies brought in war, effected the outcome greatly. Overall great job.